Get These Guys Together to Legalize It Now
By Chris Kavan - 09/30/10 at 11:48 AM CT
When push comes to shove, sometimes you have to take matters into the right hands. Now I have personally never partaken, but I don't see what the harm is in generating a little more for the struggling economy. California is about to become bankrupt, so I don't see what's holding them back. Now if a few choice fictional characters would come together, clear their heads and organize, maybe they can get something done.
1) Cheech and Chong - The real Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong are already advocates, but I bet they never drove around in a van made of marijuana. Now THAT'S a statement.
2) Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski - The Dude is one mellow fellow. It doesn't matter if he's bowling with his buds or taking part in an intricate kidnapping plot - he's laid back no matter what. Just let him chill to the mellow sound of whales or past bowling championships and he should cozy right up to the cause. Just make sure to keep the marmets away from him.
3) The Vermont State Patrol - It doesn't matter that they busted an international marijuana smuggling operation - these guys are just as likely to sit back with a few doobies and enjoy the latest in Afghanistanimation. Plus, it never hurts to have law enforcement on your side, no matter how inept the help.
4) Harold and Kumar - A would-be doctor and an investment banker? You have smart, you have determination and you have drive against any and all adversity no matter how insane. These guys are a great look for the modern stoner - in addition you get some much-needed diversity to bring in some races which would otherwise be underrepresented.
5) Craig and Smokey - Finally you have the all-important urban demographic. Sure, these guys may laze around a bit, but they're not gang-bangers. You couldn't ask for a better face to the young, inner city crowd.
Now, if they could all just clear their heads, satisfy their munchies and hold down a job, there might be a chance.