So You're Getting Married...
By Chris Kavan - 08/30/10 at 12:57 PM CT
Sending the would-be groom off in style is a time-honored tradition that dates back to caveman times... or medieval times... or the Renaissance or maybe I'm just making this up as I go along. Anyway, planning the perfect bachelor party is key to a good night. It usually involves booze, women and other things best left unsaid. That being said, sometimes you want to start off light - so why not start with some of the best bachelor parties put on film? It's something to look forward to!
1) Bachelor Party - I mean, it's right there in the title! What more do you want? How about Tom Hanks in a non-dramatic role - it has a donkey in it - and a transvestite. I mean, what more could you ask for (no, really, don't answer that).
2) The Hangover - It's the bachelor party for the new generation - one that you can't remember! Missing teeth, Mike Tyson's tiger, stripper shot-gun weddings, naked Asians - it doesn't have a donkey, but it makes up for it in surprising ways.
3) Very Bad Things - I didn't appreciate this dark comedy at first, but it grows on you. One dead stripper can mean the difference between a happy marriage and one that turns into, well, a very bad thing.
4) Clerks II - Remember, kids, when you're planning for a donkey show, make sure to read the fine print - and check your bestiality laws! Maybe the dirtiest thing Kevin Smith has put on film? Or at least near the top.
5) American Wedding - Yeah, yeah so it focuses more on the actual wedding than the bachelor party, but you know with a fella nicknamed Stiffler involved, it will be a good time. The last of the American Pie films that was any good to watch - relive those glory days before direct-to-DVD sequels ruined things forever.
So before the real party begins, relive some of the most outrageous ones on film. Who knows, maybe you can find something just as memorable (donkey optional).