Guilty Pleasure Films

11 - 20 of 21 Prev  1  2  3  Next
  Ghost Seed
Ghost Seed

I dig both of those! (Especially IT.. A favorite.) 04/23/2012

OracleElizabeth
OracleElizabeth

B-list horror films.  You know movies like
and
04/23/2012

Daniel Corleone
Daniel Corleone

Glory Road, Blood Work, Borat, Revenge of the Nerds, Fanboys, Anger Management, Clerks, Lord of War, The Tree of Life, Heathers, Half Baked and A Serious Man for me.  Guess most of these are unappreciated or just plain hated hehehe.

04/18/2012

True - he was also in Fast Times at Ridgemont High before he changed his name!

I will give you Raising Arizona - Leaving Las Vegas - Adaptation and World Trade Center. I would say a good 80% of his films could be classified as guilty pleasure films.
04/16/2012

Ghost Seed
Ghost Seed

ANYTHING starring Cage? I *almost* agree, but Nicolas Cage was once an actual actor (before he mutated into a caricature of Nicolas Cage.) Wild at Heart.. Adaptation.. and RAISING ARIZONA! (He's even somewhat okay in Moonstruck.) These films are pleasures.. no guilt involved. (At least in my little opinion.) 04/15/2012

LeeAnn M.
LeeAnn M.

Poor Nicolas Cage. Just when and where did his career veer over the edge? Perhaps one day we will witness him earning another Oscar statue.

I don't think "Kinky Boots" was panned by critics, but it didn't have a huge following here in the U.S. I love this film! It has Joel Edgerton before his commercial success in "Warrior" and Chiwetel Ejiofor, plus Nick Frost plays a bully instead of his usual lovable side-kick role.
04/09/2012

Anything starring Nicolas Cage should be considered a guilty pleasure. Except The Wickerman, because that film is just too terrible to recommend. I would say Con Air, Gone in 50 Seconds and Face/Off are near the top of my list. I also enjoy a good, goofy comedy movie from time-to-time like Super Troopers, Office Space, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Walk Hard, Anchorman and Tommy Boy. 04/09/2012

neilthemessenger
neilthemessenger

OK, let's see... There are aprroximately fifteen movies made in West Germany from 1959 to 1969 based on books by Edgar Wallace and Louis Weinart Wilson that mostly debuted in the US on television. They are all available on DVD. Those are all examples of guilty pleasures for me I just don't call them 'guilty pleasure movies.' 04/09/2012

Snoogans
Snoogans

Well, a guilty pleasure film does not have a set-in-stone definition.  I think the category does kind of explain itself though.  I'm basically asking what films you like that are considered 'bad' by the majority of critics.  The ones that make you say: "I know it's not a good movie, but I still like to watch it multiple times".  Hope this helps. 04/08/2012

neilthemessenger
neilthemessenger

Hello from NYC!  My name is Drew Simels. Your category, I think, needs a bit more focus; i.e., you're a little too loose with your criteria. I have not seen any of the movies on your list.  Where do you hail from? Please respond. 04/08/2012

Prev  1  2  3  Next