The 84th Annual Academy Awards LIVE

Location: All Movie Forums / Oscar Talk, Nominees and 'Best of' Discussion / The 84th Annual Academy Awards LIVE
21 - 30 of 37 Prev  1  2  3  4  Next

Chris Rock now holds the title for best presenter, because he tells it like it is, even about animation. Number 11, Best Animated Film goes to:

Rango

Out of all the nominees, this had the best shot. Still scratching my head over the exclusion of Tintin. In my opinion, it was a weak year for animation overall.
02/26/2012

Ha ha - best presentation of the night goes to Robert Downey Jr.  Anyway, number 10 for best documentary goes to:

Undefeated

I don't know a lot about the documentary nominations, I admit. Sports always make for great documentaries and we have our first bleep of the night - and they got cut off. Celebrate good times, come on!

And yes, the film editing speech was rather non-existant. That's what happens when you don't prepare people - always come in thinking you'll win!
02/26/2012

Did you see the guy fall in Cirque de Solei - someone's going to get fired for that one. Well, it was entertaining but I'm not sure what the connection is -- but hey, I'm flexible (not like they are, but you get the picture). 02/26/2012

patjohnson76
patjohnson76

Well, I think the Film Editing acceptance speech will go down as the worst speech of the night. It's one thing to not expect to win, but to not have anything prepared just in case you do win is just stupid. 02/26/2012

And right into ninth award of the night for Sound Mixing goes to:

Hugo, again.

Number four with a bullet, but I guess Sound Editing and Sound Mixing go hand-in-hand, so not so surprising.Still, it really does make me a bit more excited to watch this film.
02/26/2012

Number eight for Sound Editing goes to:

Hugo

That's three for Hugo and while it hasn't taken home every award it has been nominated for, things are looking good for it.
02/26/2012

And the seventh award for Film Editing goes to:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Beating out both The Artist and Hugo - and, I must say, well deserved. I'm actually surprised the film didn't get a little more recognition, but then graphic rape and going to some very dark places (not to mention the whole remake thing) probably threw it off.
02/26/2012

Out sixth award and first acting one of the night for Best Supporting Actress goes to:

Octavia Spencer for The Help

Was the favorite going into the night did not disappoint. One of the films I have seen going into the awards, Spencer did give a great performance and that's the kind of emotional reaction everyone should have.
02/26/2012

Our fifth award award of the night for Best Foreign Film goes to:

A Separation (Iran)

This had to been seen as the favorite going into the night. Not surprising given the Golden Golds speech, the thank you got a bit political but he should be given the chance to speak his mind. A very worthwhile win.
02/26/2012

Well if actors can do it, so can I.  Although my parents tell me the first film I saw was a Disney film, the first film I can remember watching was Gremlins - as I know it now, a great horror/comedy in turns dark and humorous. What I remember? When that gremlin pops out of that medical box, I think I jumped about ten feet. I think this film is the reason I like horror films so much today - it's fun to be scared. 02/26/2012

Prev  1  2  3  4  Next