Who is the better Joker? . . . Nicholson or Ledger

Location: All Movie Forums / General Discussion / Who is the better Joker? . . . Nicholson or Ledger
  DB
DB
Director

This question isn't just who is the better actor, or which Joker was better, or what movie was better.  It's all rolled into one.

Oh, and do me a favor on this one.  I know it sounds heartless, but when you're thinking about this could you forget that this was Ledger's grand finale?

Let's talk!
09/23/2008

Alex
Alex

This is truly a tough one.  I felt that Jack had a better role and so he had more screen time but that Heath Ledger was more like the real joker in the series (plus he didn't die in the end). All in all though I like Jack's character better - he was more enjoyable to watch.

Great question though!
09/23/2008

Ledger's performance in dark knight was the best though Nicholson did damn good job too.

for cool videos/photos/music visit www.uploaded.tv
12/09/2008

movieMagic
movieMagic

I recently watched both and it is Nicholson hands down!  He is a much better actor than Ledger ever was.  12/30/2008

Ikkinbot
Ikkinbot

They really are not comparable. They are jokers in two very different Gotham cities.  Both fit the movie they were in.  Personally, I prefer the new look and feel of the franchise. 03/13/2009

Hush
Hush

The darker the better when it comes to comic book movies. Ledger perfected The Joker and I had not really watched any of his movies until then. Comparing campy stupid raising eyebrow every two seconds and having a polished look Joker to one that is a complete psycho who believes in anarchy and one who truly belongs as a permanent resident in the Arkham Asylum. I was hoping for just a bit more but The Joker in any future movie would be hard to pull off unless Johnny Depp will do a complete Heath Ledger mimic..heh. It's Ledger hands down. I will take psycho Joker over dumbass not giving Batman much of a fight Joker. 03/15/2009

Movies I Want To See by dadams