General genre browser feature for Filmcrave ?

Location: All Movie Forums / FilmCrave Site Features, Suggestions, Comments / General genre browser feature for Filmcrave ?
  Tjommi
Tjommi

First of all I would like to start out with a question. I am new here and I don't quite understand exactly how the lists work. For example if I want to see a movie in a particular genre I open up the top genre list. My question is this, when I choose this feature will all the movies added in the library of let's say the horror genre get listed from most to least popular?

The reason I ask it's because it say Top genre list, and I can only assume that not all of them are listed. If I am mistaken nevermind, but if I am not, well here comes my suggestion. I would like to be able to browse through all the listed movies in a particular genre added to the database here, not just the top listed ones. Would it be possible to add this feature?

08/28/2011

Tjommi
Tjommi

So by the lack of replies from any kind of moderator, I am guessing you think this is a bad idea? That's too bad because I don't like having to rely on other sites to get new ideas on what movies I should watch. I love this site and I like the list option, I also love the top genre search, but if you are just looking for a movie, and you have seen all the movies you want to see on the top lists of your favourite genre, this site really isn't to good.                                                                                                                                                  By making it possible to browse through the movie database of this site based on genres would make at least my day alot easier. I hope you think a little bit on the suggestion and implement it. 08/09/2012

I know right now it looks like the genre films cap off at the 500 mark - that may be something we can expand, but I would have to discuss it with the other two owners. I have a feeling we won't be able to include every film in a particular genre, but I'll see what I can do. 08/10/2012

LeeAnn M.
LeeAnn M.

Other than browsing by genre, I enjoy other members' lists of movies released by year.
08/10/2012

Tjommi
Tjommi

Thank you for the replies :) Now I got an idea on how you can do this. It requires a little, well most likely alot of work. But you allready got the tools you need. You allready got the movies in your database, and you allready got them categorized in genres. In the search part of the site Perhaps you could add a browse button. Where you first pick what genre you wish to search, for example horror. Then you display A-B-C etc. etc. and when you press A you will get all the movies that begin with A in the horror genre and so on. Another pure horror site called Rotten Tomato or something like that, but stay away from that site after someone stole my xbox account after I registered there.  08/10/2012

Nick
Nick

You can use the FilmCrave search page.  Since searching by just genre will return too many matches, search by genre and by decade.

http://www.filmcrave.com/ search_films.php?filmname =&director=&actor=&genre= Action&mpaa=&decade=2000& submit=Search
08/12/2012

LeeAnn is right - I also found a good way to find new movies is to simply check out some of the user-created lists out there. Some of the top members have created an abundance of lists covering a lot of options (including horror). It may not be as easy as simply searching under "horror" but I guarantee you will find something new. 08/12/2012

Tjommi
Tjommi

That was a neat trick that I didn't think about. hehe I searched for " a " picked a decade and got 124 hits up. That should keep me entertained for a while. 08/13/2012

Movies I've Watched by Chris Ghost