New Conan The Barbarian Film

Location: All Movie Forums / Movie News, Rumors, and Confirmed Reports / New Conan The Barbarian Film
  ScaryGerry
ScaryGerry

The new adaptation of Conan The Barbarian has received its first poster, along with a 3D motion version. IGN pointed out that the artwork is a nod to Frank Frazetta's original Conan artwork. New and original artwork attached. Link to 3D poster also included. What does everyone think?

3D Poster: http://conanthebarbariani n3d.com/motionposter/

http://tjweb.org/art-thum bs/small-FrankFrazetta-Co nan-the-Adventurer-1966.j pg

http://moviesmedia.ign.co m/movies/image/article/11 5/1154201/Conan_1Sht_Skul ls_P2_Trim_1299547549.jpg
03/08/2011

ScaryGerry
ScaryGerry

FYI - teaser trailer released. What does everyone think? I'm personally excited for Conan. From what I have read, they tried to make it more in line with the original Conan books by Robert E. Howard. The quote at the end of the teaser is directly from one of Howard's books.

http://www.youtube.com/wa tch?v=ts5iBfYKt8Y]YouTube - Conan The Barbarian in 3D - Teaser Trailer
03/17/2011

It looks far more gritty than the original version - which was a bit campy - so I'm hoping they go for drama and action. I haven't read the books myself, but if they take things seriously, and audiences approve, there is plenty of material for a new franchise. 03/21/2011

Snoogans
Snoogans

Just saw the new trailer and I don't see much of anything new.  Conan swinging a sword in slow-mo and some woman doing voiceover just like the teaser. I may wait for the dvd on this one, or not see it at all cause of it being a re-make.  If I do end up seeing it on the big screen, it WON'T be in stupid fake 3D. 05/05/2011

ScaryGerry
ScaryGerry

I also caught the trailer. I will be seeing it in the theaters. I think Jason Momoa is perfect for the role, especially after seeing him on Game of Thrones.  I'm also thinking that the 2011 special effects might benefit the sword and sorcery story.
05/09/2011

Nick
Nick

The original Conan movie back in '82 is kind of a classic to my generation.  I have hopes this new adaptation could be good.  They could get it completely wrong though too, bad story, only special effects and action. 07/03/2011

ScaryGerry
ScaryGerry

@Nick, another Red Band clip released for Conan. Did you catch it? See below:

http://www.youtube.com/wa tch?v=yNisV1YQbXQ&fea ture=player_embedded

This clip is definitely the best thing they released so far. If this is what Conan is doing as a kid, I can't f'ing wait to see what goes down when he is grown up.
08/05/2011