83rd Annual Academy Awards LIVE

Location: All Movie Forums / Oscar Talk, Nominees and 'Best of' Discussion / 83rd Annual Academy Awards LIVE
11 - 20 of 33 Prev  1  2  3  4  Next

It's true - I always enjoyed Billy Crystal as the host. He can still have a good time too. Bob Hope was a little before my time, but 18 times - I don't think it's going to be topped any time soon. And he flipped off Crystal - even more points.

Sherlock and Watson - technology is super! Ha - they have some good banter though!

Best Visual Effects: Inception

Another win for Inception - Sound and Visuals now. Once again, a deserved award as Inception had some amazing visuals from the city that folds in on itself to the cityscape/sandcastle. Simply stunning.

Best Film Editing: The Social Network.

Alright, the second head-to-head battle also goes to The Social Network. While the score was a given (in my book) this could have gone either way. I see this as a good sign that the edge for Best Picture is going The Social Networks way. But, you have to admit, the editing in the film was about as good as it gets. I can honestly say I can't think of anything I would change.
02/27/2011

Hmmm, quite possibly best use of auto-tune ever?

Oprah and no Uma to be found...

Best Documentary: Inside Job

Well, there goes our potential Banksy sighting down the tubes. Anyway, any film that makes the financial crisis clear, should win. The guy makes a good point - throw all the bastards in jail and then take their money to offset the massive problem they caused. Just sayin.
02/27/2011

Yes, short films are short. And yes, not many people watch them, myself included. So I have no idea who to pick either!

Best Documentary Short Subject: Strangers No More

Well, I guess according to the acceptance speech, this is a great film about education and tolerance. No wonder it won - good times usually beat bad times.

Best Live Action Short Film: God of Love.

All I can say is - that's some great hair, Luke Matheny has! And he's very enthusiastic. Apparently it's a short film about magic darts that bring love. Yup, wins the award for most enthusiastic winner so far.
02/27/2011

The President approves As Time Goes By. What, doesn't he know It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp?

Hey, Zach Levi is singing! Can a musical episode of Chuck be far around the corner?
02/27/2011

Yay, technical achievements. Thanks for fixing the uncanny valley, Avatar guys.

Now we have people who make other people look really good (or really bad) depending on which way they're going.

Best Makeup Design: The Wolfman

Despite being a disappointing movie overall, Rick Baker has been in the business a long time and knows how to make a monster. So, good job. Out of all the nominees, this is the one I would have gone with as well.

Best Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland

Just like Art Direction, I had a feeling Alice in Wonderland would walk away with this award. I mean, the look of the film is gorgeous - even with computer effects, you still have to dress characters in actual clothes. It was an amazing effort and well that is rightfully acknowledged.
02/27/2011

So keeping tabs, it's Inception: 3; Social Network: 2; The Fighter: 2; King's Speech: 1.

02/27/2011

A Scarlett Johansson sighting is always appreciated. She always looks (and sounds) great.

Best Sound Mixing: Inception

Well, Inception did sound great! I would give the edge to this over either King's Speech or Social Network, because, c'mon, how much did sound actually play in those films? Clicking keyboards and nervous jitters aside.

Sound Editing: Inception

Oh wow, the winner for sound mixing also wins for sound editing, who would have guessed? Both were quite deserved.

02/27/2011

Nick
Nick

Looks like Inception and Social Network are splitting the awards.  Which one will win more? 02/27/2011

Well, good job ABC, NINE MORE YEARS, NINE MORE YEARS!

Ah, pairing the Aussies up - yay for Star Wars! Best. Score. Ever. You will never convince me otherwise. And E.T. - John Williams, a legend.

Best Original Score: The Social Network

Finally, a showdown between the two big guns and The Social Network wins. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have some talent - I loved the music in The Social Network. Hans Zimmer would be my runner up for the booming Inception soundtrack, but this was a well-deserved award as far as I'm concerned.

02/27/2011

Nick
Nick

On another note, awesome Super 8 trailer during one of the commercials!  A movie we don't know much about but all want to see when it comes out! 02/27/2011

Prev  1  2  3  4  Next