Are there any movies where your opinion is different from others?

Location: All Movie Forums / General Discussion / Are there any movies where your opinion is different from others?
1 - 10 of 13 1  2  Next
  Judge
Judge
Director

There's a few movies that other ppl like that I dislike, and a few movies that I like that others dislike.  I wanna see if anyone else feels like this, and if so what movies in particular? 08/08/2010

Plainview
Plainview
Movie Star

I didn't think "The Village" was horrible, but a lot of people, if not most people, thought it was. I also love the movie "Stay", but it wasn't very well received by critics. I dislike "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas", but many of my friends loved it and cried during it, and although I might get flamed for this, I think "Donnie Darko", that film that all of my friends are crazy about, is overrated and frankly not very good. 08/08/2010

LeeAnn M.
LeeAnn M.

I was sooooo mad when all the popular T.V. movie critics were saying how great "In Bruges" was. I tried my best to watch it, but kept thinking WTF?!?!? In my opinion, it was one of those terrible movies that no one liked, but they didn't want to be the only ones who watched it and wasted two hours, so they lied and told everyone how great it was...just to share the misery. The same goes for "The Mist", "What Just Happened?", and any movie with Philip Seymour Hoffman. (Except for Pirate Radio...I really liked that one.) 08/09/2010

Alex
Alex

No country for Old Men is right up there for me. So is Hotel Rwanda. No Country has a ton of potential but Hotel Rwanda is not good and no one will ever watch it again after watching it once. 08/10/2010

LeeAnn M.
LeeAnn M.

That's true about "Hotel Rwanda." Yes, it is a story that deserved to be told, but everytime it comes on cable T.V., I refuse to re-watch it because it is cringe inducing.

I think I'm alone in Nicolas Cage's cheering section. Even though he has not given one decent performance since the first "National Treasure",  I keep thinking his next movie is going to break the cycle. In "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans",  he had an excuse. It tells you right there in the title that his character was bad, and Cage plays lunatic quite well.

08/10/2010

Spielbergian
Spielbergian

Definitely true about the Godfather,  I enjoyed it a lot but I feel that it is very overrated. 10/02/2010

Movies I dislike that other people seem to like: The Others, Matrix Revolutions, Napoleon Dynamite - and I also agree that In Bruges was on the boring side.

Movies I like that other people dislike: Star Wars Episode I, II - Anime films in general (why all the hate, people?). I also didn't hate the most recent Indiana Jones film, despite the monkeys and aliens.
10/14/2010

sapien
sapien

I'm a huge Sylvester Stallone fan. But, not just of his famous movies, but his infamous ones as well. Particularly, "Driven." I despise "Grease." And, I think that "Citizen Kane" is waaaay overrated. Also, anything with Will Smith in it is a bore, except "Hancock," that movie was awesome. 10/21/2010

I'll throw in Finding Nemo - while I have enjoyed many of the Pixar films, I can't figure out why Finding Nemo is so popular. While I can still say it's a good movie, it's not the pinnacle of animation and in fact, besides Cars, it's probably my least favorite out of all the Pixar movies. 03/19/2011

SIngli6
SIngli6

Your query is vague, but I shall interpret it as a question that concerns specific films that a poster may regard as overrated. My answer thus consists of a recitation of films I personally regard as overrated.
- The 39 Steps (1935)
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Maltese Falcon (1941)
- Shadow of a Doubt
- Cape Fear (1991)
- Independence Day
- Titanic
- Out of Sight
- Saving Private Ryan
- Fight Club
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy