Oscar Poll Results

Location: All Movie Forums / Oscar Talk, Nominees and 'Best of' Discussion / Oscar Poll Results
  movieMagic
movieMagic

I can't believe that Kate W is not winning for the reader?  I am seriously  - how old is Meryl Streep! 01/22/2009

SaraT
SaraT
Aspiring Actress

I am actually surprised Dark Knight was not nominated for Best Picture.  Well, to each his own I guess.  Since that is the case, I hope Milk wins.  I know that right now it shows that it doesn't have a chance but you never know - more people could come to this site and vote on it. 01/22/2009

Alex
Alex

The main thing that surprised me was that Kat Winslet was nominated for a best actress when in the Globes she was nominated for supporting actress for the same roll.  Odd.  Oh, and I hope that Ron Howard has no chance at winning for Frost/Nixon.  I think he is average at directing. 01/22/2009

movieMagic
movieMagic

Yeah, that is odd.  Also, Ron Howard was great for Cinderella Man!  That was a great movie. 01/22/2009

Northeast Kid
Northeast Kid
TV Extra

Where is revolutionary road! 01/22/2009

filmfan09
filmfan09

What has happened to the Academy??? I'm most pissed about Springsteen's snub. He wins the Golden Globe but doesn't even get a nomination? I really don't understand why the Wrestler isn't up for best picture, and how the hell do you leave Aronofsky of the director list? I seriously don't even care about the oscars anymore.

After watching 'Slumdog Millionaire' this week, I'm really hoping it wins Best Picture and Best Director. Clint Eastwood should have taken Brad Pitt's spot for Best Actor. I am disappointed that "Let the Right One In" did not receive a foreign language nomination. Also that Revolutionary Road got absolutely snubbed.
01/22/2009

patjohnson76
patjohnson76

I posted in another comment thread about Kate Winslet and The Reader, but I'll just say it quickly here.  She was campaigning for a supporting nod for The Reader so she wouldn't cancel herself out with a nod for Best Actress for Rev Road.  The Academy can nominate her wherever they please, and clearly the Academy has a lot of love for The Reader.  I'll probably see it this weekend, but from what I hear, the nomination is correct because she is the lead role in The Reader.
Revolutionary Road is right where it belongs - one nomination for Michael Shannon.  Screaming at one another for 2 hours shouldn't score you a nomination.
01/22/2009

CJP
CJP

Props for showing Let the Right One In some love! It's the best horror/suspense flick this year, in my opinion. Here's my top 3 list and I hope Slumdog wins: 01/25/2009

Fantastic French Films I Have Seen by Chris Kavan