Most Shocking Ending

Location: All Movie Forums / New DVDs, Release Dates, and DVD features / Most Shocking Ending
11 - 20 of 27 Prev  1  2  3  Next
  blitz
blitz

All the movies mentioned are on my list but one is always overlooked:  The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn.  The ending takes more twists and turns than the 6 Flags Roller Coaster.  Love it. 06/22/2010

Snoogans
Snoogans

It seems everyone is talking about their favorite "twist" endings and not "shocking" ones.  When you say "shock", I think of either scary, bizarre, completely WTF?!, or all three at once.
Now, speaking in terms of my version of "shock", I'd have to say that Sleepaway Camp is my #1.  I won't give away the ending, as I don't think many people on this site have seen the movie, but I will say that it is CREEPY.  It's not hard to predict who the killer is, before the movie is over, but it's what you find out about this character and how it's shown that adds the "shock" element to it.
06/17/2010

Michael W-K
Michael W-K
Movie Star

I got to say Fight Club as #1, Usual Suspects would be up there, and what about Se7en. "What's in the box?" 06/13/2010

Mat
Mat

I agree with Taz, The Usual Suspects definitely has the best twist ending. The weaselly, timid, cripple turns out to be the diabolical mastermind behind everything. Not only does he get away with the crimes that he commited, but he also achieves full immunity from the law. What makes Keyser Soze scarier is everything that we know about him is told by him. Which means that it may or may not true. Plus, you'd expect that Keyser Soze would be screwed when he was being questioned about himself. Instead he uses names and details from around the room to make up a story and gets the agent asking the questions to buy it hook, line, and sinker. Instead of coming off as an asspull that comes out of nowhere, there is plenty of foreshadowing to the ending. Example: Soze is Turkish for talks too much aka Verbal. Or before Verbal tells his story he looks around the room. I don't expect to see any other movie with a plot twist that brilliant ever again. 04/30/2010

For shocking I will go with:

For those who had read King's novella, it might have been even more shocking, because they only thought they knew what was coming.

Not a huge fan of the film, but the ending was unexpected.

Mentioned already, but the end was indeed shocking.

The whole film was shocking - the end just as much as the beginning.
04/20/2010

Hrvojetina
Hrvojetina
Rising Star

La Ceremonie !
Thank you for reminding on a great movie.
10/12/2009

Holas
Holas

There has been a lot of good movies mentioned, and some if not I would have mentioned them.  So, I am left to say one of the most shocking endings was Tyler Perry's " A family that Preys"  I would never have guessed the homeless guy would wind up bailing them out. Just a great ending. It's not one of the best, but it is really good. 10/05/2009

Filmhog
Filmhog

Many of the films Peter Fonda did in the late '60s/early '70s have shocking endings: "Easy Rider," "The Hired Hand," "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry," "Race with the Devil."  Not necessarily "twists," more just "whoa, I didn't expect that."  "Jules et Jim" also had a pretty shocking ending, I thought.  08/28/2009

Allison
Allison

Goodbye Lenin!
Witness for the Prosecution
La Ceremonie
perhaps Vertigo and Les Diaboliques.
06/01/2009

patjohnson76
patjohnson76

I thought The Others had a great twist to the end, I didn't see that one coming, and I should have, considering I figured out The Sixth Sense halfway through it.
Not really a "shock" but I found the final scene in Michael Clayton where George Clooney and Tilda Swinton incredible (Clooney: "do I LOOK like I'm negotiating?!")

I've seen Slumdog Millionaire twice, and both times the audience gasped when Jamal's final question is asked - it's always cool to be at a movie where the audience is so into the movie.
03/22/2009